The Shit No One Tells You About Writing
I've launched a podcast to help emerging writers navigate their way
through the publishing minefield.
Each week, I'll interview different authors, agents, editors,
publicists, booksellers, book bloggers, jacket designers,
creative writing instructors, reviewers and readers to give you
a behind-the-scenes look at the publishing industry.
If you have any questions, email me at
and I'll do my best to get them answered for you!
The first season's guests include:
(bestselling author of The Light We Lost and More Than Words)
and her agent Miriam Altshuler ( of DeFiore and Company)
Tara Singh Carlson
- Putnam editor of Where the Crawdads Sing and The Light We Lost
- international bestselling author of 20 novels
- author of Wired for Story and Story Genius
- author of Before and After The Book Deal: A Writer's
Guide to Finishing, Publishing, Promoting and Surviving Your First Book
- my first editor at Putnam who has 20 years experience in the industry
and is currently Executive Editor and Senior Director at Audible
Kelly S Thompson
- author of Girls Need Not Apply: Field Notes from the Forces
Look out for updates!
Follow on Instagram: @the_shit_about_writing