Recording of the Writing Emotion Course with CeCe Lyra
Weaving Emotions into Your Story
What do all great stories have in common? They make us feel. Which is why the ability to weave emotion into a story is so important. Indeed, no matter the genre, being able to effectively convey a range of emotion will draw your readers in from the very start and compel them to read on.
The 2-hour class covers various aspects of weaving emotions into your story, including:
* active vs. passive emotions;
* how to effectively convey emotion (showing vs. telling);
* most common mistakes in writing emotion (and how to get it right);
* common challenges in writing emotions (and how to turn them into successes);
* how to include emotion in your outline and synopsis;
* tips and tricks to effectively convey emotion;
* the role of emotion in the query letter; and
* the importance of emotional context the first 10 pages (or: How soon should I introduce emotion?).